Sunday, February 26, 2006

Judge Jones responds

A brief post before I head out on a vacation that will include time with both family and apes:

In an interview with the Philadelphia Inquirer, Judge John Jones III discusses his ruling in the Kitzmiller v Dover trial and comments on some of the criticism the ruling has inspired. He sums up:

"History... is written well after the fact, and I don't know how history is going to treat this... decision. Is it Scopes II? Is it something that people will ruminate about years from now? We can't know that. I certainly knew... from the moment I took the bench from the first day of the trial that there was a great spotlight on it."

For links to the full ruling, visit the National Center for Science Education page on legal issues.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope that you will continue your blog after your vacation.

4/7/06, 3:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home