Friday, December 23, 2005

One Thirty Nine

Ok, I did go away on vacation, but I've been back for several weeks. During that time my blogging activity has been confined to reading, not writing ... well, aside from a few comments I've left at other blogs. So, I'm feeling guilty and for that reason I'm making this one teeny post:

The Dover trial has been decided and THE COURT FINDS FOR THE PLAINTIFFS!!! I've glutted myself for the past several days reading the commentary and the commentary on the commentary. I've downloaded the 139-page decision by Judge Jones but haven't read it all yet. I will. You can find a link to it on the NCSE Dover Trial page.

The excerpts I have read are stunning. It will make an excellent textbook for the ongoing battle to protect science education.

[I've got letters to the editor and posts for this blog whipping around in my head, but I still have to get a bunch of holiday cards out. I need to be more disciplined]

One final thought for now. There has, of course, been much gnashing of teeth by the ID spokepeople, who quickly got their talking points out to their followers. Fun new Google game: Identify key phrases in the talking points and do periodic searches on Google News to see how many times they are being copy&pasted into articles, posts and letters ... and by whom.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home